I’ve been at this game called entrepreneurship since 2012. In the beginning, I did lots of testing, learning, and making sure that someone would actually buy what I was selling!
I made money every year even during the testing and learning phases, but didn’t officially launch a business entity until 2014. There has been much to learn (still learning) with lots of ups and down.
I know 2017 will be different at a higher level from my previous years. Each year things have improved and gotten better, but I still feel I haven’t risen to the potential I dreamed from the start.
There have been different dynamics throughout the years like working a job when I thought I had crossed that bridge (never to return) in early 2013 only to find myself back working a job simultaneously.
In 2016 I worked as an employee from January through mid February and since then have still been solely committed to my business!
On the business side I made $30,000 (2016) by offering virtual assistance primarily for one client and social media and online marketing for a handful of others. (That may not be much to many entrepreneurs, but I know where I started and celebrating the process because it’s been a long road!)
Totally made the switch completely to social media and online marketing services mid 2016.
As the year came to a close, I realized there were so many places and opportunities where I could have earned much more.
On the other hand, I’m grateful that I could be home to take care of my husband and kids, visit family in Mississippi and Michigan, and still make money. Having that flexibility is one of the main reasons I wanted to be an entrepreneur.
Little did I know that it offers so much more and my hunger has surged!
My goal for 2017 is to double what I made in 2016! I’ve run all the numbers, pricing and how much I can actually handle in client load and work while still being present with my family.
To be honest, I’m not on track for double based on the numbers so far (First Quarter: $7,400), but with a little bit of extra hustle juice, I know it’s possible and thrilled at the possibilities before me.
Now that I’ve gotten that out-of-the-way (whew!), here are a few fun things and accomplishments from the first quarter:
- Took on a new retainer client and getting more referrals than ever before!
- Joined the Millard Business Association & a referral group within the organization where I’ve attended several networking events! (Omaha).
- Did a fun speaking event about social media and online marketing with local wedding planners! (Omaha).
- Traveled to Orlando with a client for a business workshop and to meet with one of her clients!
- Paid off my student loan debt in full! (whoop! whoop!)
- The basement in our home got remodeled! (whoop! whoop!)
- Attended career day at one of the local elementary schools to speak with third graders about business, marketing, and sales. To my surprise, they were more interested than I could have imagined they would be! (Omaha)
Enjoy this short video with a few clips from some of the events listed above:
P.S. – What are some of your successes and accomplishments this year? What are you working on in this next quarter and the remainder of the year?
To your success,